Anti-Covid19 vaccination debate conference
On January 29, 2021, Sorbonne University and University of Paris are organizing, live from the large amphitheater of the Sorbonne, a web-TV conference-debate open to all audiences: Anti-Covid-19 vaccination: questions and answers. Which vaccines? What vaccination strategy? How to talk about it? Log in to follow the conference live and ask your questions.
Log on Friday January 29, 2021 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. ont the plateform here.
Download the programm here (in french).
On 29 Jan. 2021
14:00 - 17:00
Amphitheater of the Sorbonne
The current health situation and the anti-Covid-19 vaccination campaign that has started raise many questions to which experts from Sorbonne University and University of Paris will provide clear scientific answers.
After discussing issues related to vaccines, their developments and clinical efficacy trials, the experts will look at the question of vaccine strategy by focusing on geriatric aspects, the points of view of caregivers and the attitude of patients before vaccination. Societal and communication aspects in the time of Covid-19 will also be explored to provide a historical analysis, address the ethical questions raised by the vaccine passport or even look at communication and information issues during a pandemic.
Around professors Brigitte Autran and Odile Launay, organizers of this conference, you will find professors Alain Fisher, Elisabeth Bouvet, Renaud Piarroux, Jean-Hugues Trouvin… and many debaters, experts in different fields.
During the conference, discussion times will allow experts from Sorbonne University and University of Paris to debate live with the public and Internet users.
- Brigitte Autran : Emeritus Professor of Immunology at the Sorbonne University Faculty of Medicine, member of the national COVID-19 vaccine committee .
- Odile Launay : PU-PH, professor of infectious diseases at the University of Paris, infectious disease specialist at Cochin Hospital (AP-HP) and coordinator of the Cochin-Pasteur CIC of vaccinology. Member of the Covid-19 vaccine committee .
- Alain Fischer : PU-PH, professor of immunology at the University of Paris. Chairman of the Vaccine Strategy Orientation Council.
- Elisabeth Bouvet : professor at the University of Paris, infectious disease specialist at the Bichet Hospital (AP-HP). President of the technical committee for vaccinations of the High Authority for Health.
- Renaud Piarroux : PU-PH, Sorbonne University, Head of department at the Pitié Salpêtrière Hospital AP-HP, specialist in epidemics, member of the Pierre Louis Institute of Epidemiology and Public Health.
- Eric Pautas : PU-PH, geriatrician , Sorbonne University, Head of department, Charles Foix hospital AP-HP.
- Henri Partouche : Professor at the University of Paris of general medicine - General practitioner.
- Fabrice Carrat : PU-PH, public health, Sorbonne University, St Antoine AP-HP Hospital, Director of the Pierre Louis Institute of Epidemiology and Public Health.
- Jean-Hugues Trouvin : PU-PH, pharmacist in the "Pharmaceutical developments and innovations" department at the Faculty of Pharmacy in Paris (until 2019). Chairman of the biotechnology working group at the European Medicines Agency (2000-2014). Member of the European Medicines Committee at the European Medicines Agency (1995-2004).
- Karine Berthelot-Guiet : Director of CELSA, university professor, Sorbonne University.
- Clémentine LEQUILLERIER, Lecturer in private law at the University of Paris. Member of the Law and Health Institute, University of Paris.
- Isabelle Robin, Lecturer, UFR of History at the Faculty of Letters Sorbonne University.