Opening of the 2023 Transatlantic Research Partnership call for applications
This program, formerly known as Thomas Jefferson Fund, aims to foster forward-looking collaborative research that engages with pressing global challenges. It offers $20,000 grants to support two-year projects led by two outstanding researchers at the beginning of their careers –– one based in the United States, the other in France. These funds will support transatlantic mobilities of researchers and PhD students, collaborative research activities such as the organization of international workshops or conferences, and the publication of joint articles.
Projects can span or combine humanities, social sciences, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), and their research topics should be related to one or several United Nations Sustainable Goals
- Projects must be jointly submitted by two researchers at the beginning of their careers (less than 15 years after obtaining their PhD);
- Applicants must provide proof that they are employed at either a U.S. or French institution for the duration of the partnership, i.e. minimum 2 years;
- U.S. or French citizenship is not required;
- PhD candidates are not eligible to be project leaders, but each project should include PhD students.
- December 6th 2022: the call for applications opens
- February 24th 2023: the call for applications closes
- June 2023: selection of the 2023 grantees
- July 2023: estimated official announcement of the 2023 laureates
- September 2023: estimated launch of the selected projects
You will find more detailed description of the Transatlantic Research Partnership :
Do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.